Tuesday, May 27, 2008

I know! The W stands for Widowmaker!

By Jack Damage [who has every right to fly his flag sticker upside-down on Memorial Day, or any other day.-ed.]:

No, I disagree, it is not a harsh headline, it is an accurate headline ["DEAD TROOPS REMEMBERED BY PRESIDENT WHO HAD THEM KILLED"-ed.]… Mr. Geiger’s leadin paragraph exemplifies why I can’t even pretend to care about memorial day these days. Yea, I have my personal moments during the day when I contemplate what it all means to be a veteran of this nations armed forces.. I look at my uniform in the closet under plastic with the ribbons displayed and ponder eternity and where all the dead are and whether or not they are resting in peace and so on… But I won’t go to any parades or any ‘officially sanctioned’ services/celebrations in honor of the vets who have fallen specifically for the same reasons cited by Mr. Geiger as to what sickens him about the last seven years… To hear that pussy mouth platitudes to and about people, events and principles he has zero idea about is enough to make me vomit as well as the writer…

One of these days when this pox called Bush is gone from the scene I believe I’ll be able to be fully proud of being an American once again, depending on who gets the WH this coming fall. Proud to go to patriotic parades in honor of the millions of brave Americans who gave their lives in service to this country over the last 232 or so years. And proud to be associated with all that thru my own service some 25 plus years ago…. That wasn’t this memorial day, nor any of the last seven years memorial days past…. I look forward to a time I can be completely proud of my nation again, not fringe aspects of it. Truly proud and not chagrined of my personal service to it. I long for that…

When that time comes, I’ll be ready to go to parades again and what not, and I’ll take a little flag stickon in my residence and shift it from the position denoting our nation in distress which it has been postioned in since 2000 and return it to its normal representation… These days and that sense of pride in it all will happen only when Bush is gone… That he, thru his actions and words, have stolen this sense of pride in my nation and my armed forces service to it as well as sullying the nations world image itself, is just another reason why I’d like to personally kick the shit out of that sonofabitch… Delete if you must site monitor, but don’t contrue what I just said as a desire to end his miserable life… No, I just want smack the smirk off his face once and for all… Just killing him outright would be letting the bastard off too easily for what he’s done to all of us. I weep for my country under the control of this pathetic excuse for a man…..JD

No comments: